HCSO–ingatlan.com-rent index, December 2023

KSH logo ingatlan.com logo
HCSO–ingatlan.com-rent index

In December 2023 rents decreased compared to the previous month: they were 0.2% lower nationally and 0.7% lower in Budapest.

December rents were 13% higher nationally and 12% higher in Budapest than in the same period of the previous year, and 95% and 85% higher, respectively, than in the base period of 2015.

The real rent index exceeded the base for 2015 by 22% nationally and 16% in the capital city.

Budapest HCSO–ingatlan.com-rent index

In Budapest, rents on offer increased in the districts on the Buda side, while on the Pest side they decreased or stagnated compared to the previous month. The two extreme values were a 2.0% increase in the Buda hilly districts and a 2.6% decrease in the Pest transitional districts. Over a year, rents in the districts groups of Budapest generally rose by 10–12%, while rents increased more, by 14% in the hilly districts of Buda.

Changes in the number of ads used in the calculations by type of settlement

Nationally, the vast majority (91%) of the observed advertisements were for homes in multi-dwelling buildings, with the remaining 9% being for detached houses in 2023. In Budapest, however, only 4.1 % of dwellings for rent were detached houses. A total of 42% of ads in the capital and 43% nationally were from individuals until December 2023. The number of ads used for the calculations was 8.3% lower than in the previous year.


Methodology
Tables
Related data (HCSO Monitor)

HCSO–ingatlan.com rent index – General information
Archive