HCSO–ingatlan.com-rent index, March 2024

KSH logo ingatlan.com logo
HCSO–ingatlan.com-rent index

In March 2024, rents continued to rise: nationally they increased by 0.8% and in Budapest by 1.8% in one month.

In nominal terms, March rents were 11.7% higher nationally and 12.4% higher in Budapest than in the same period last year, and 101% and 94% higher than in the base period of 2015.

The real rent index was 23% higher than the 2015 base nationally and 19% higher in the capital. The index in the capital rose compared to the previous month, while the national index was unchanged.

Budapest HCSO–ingatlan.com nominal rent index

In Budapest, rents for rental dwellings rose in almost all district groups compared to the previous month. Rents increased by 0.6% in the Buda hill districts and by 1.9% in the other districts of Buda. On the Pest side, rents were 2.9% higher in the inner districts and 2.1% higher in the transitional districts, while in the outer districts rents fell by 0.9%, after a sharp rise in the previous two months. Over a year, rents rose by 9-15% in the capital's district groups, with the highest increase in the transitional districts of Pest (14.5%).

Changes in the number of ads used in the calculations by type of settlement

In the first three months of 2024, the vast majority (90%) of the advertisements observed were for apartments in multi-dwelling buildings, with the remaining 10% or so for detached houses. In Budapest, only 4.0% of the dwellings for rent were detached houses. In January-March 2024, 44% of the observed advertisements in the capital and nationally were from private individuals.

Expected next release: 14 May 2024

Related data (HCSO Monitor)

HCSO-ingatlan.com rent index guide