Classification - ITO
The Hungarian Classification of Industrial Products (ITO) is a hierarchical classification containing products and services. ITO is the domestic version of PRODCOM list issued by Eurostat. ITO is used for observing industrial products and services.
ITO’19 short description (pdf, 83 KB)
Code numbers and descriptions of the items of classification
- The structure of the 12-digit codes:
- 1-4th digits identical with the Statistical Classification of Economic Activities in the European Community (NACE Rev.2.)
- 1-6th digits identical with the Classification of Products by Activity (CPA)
- 7-8th digits corresponding to PRODCOM, in case of “HU” items codes are formed by HCSO
- 9th digit is “0” in all codes
- 10-12th digits indicate the unit of measurement
ITO’19 structure (pdf, 3 355 KB)
The explanatory notes determine the contents of the classification items. They help to find the appropriate category in the classification.
It supports the quick search in the classification. After searching by code number or text, it displays those items of the classification that contain the relevant code number or text.
Principles and rules of classification to be applied
Methodology (pdf, 44 KB)
Conversion key between the items of the current version of classification and those of the previous version
- ITO’17-ITO’19 correspondence table (xlsx, 290 KB)
- ITO’19-ITO’17 correspondence table (xlsx, 292 KB)
- ITO’19-CN’20 correspondence table (xlsx, 582 KB)
- CN’20-ITO’19 correspondence table (xlsx, 581 KB)
Legislation ordering the use of the classification:
- Decree No. 16/2011 (V.10.) of the Minister of Public Administration and Justice on the introduction and application of the Industrial Product Classification (ITO) (pdf, 180 KB)
- Commission Regulation (EU) 2019/1933 of 6 November 2019 establishing the ‘Prodcom list’ of industrial products referred to in Council Regulation (EEC) No 3924/91
- Council Regulation (EEC) No 3924/91 of 19 December 1991 on the establishment of a Community survey of industrial production
- Commission Regulation (EC) 912/2004 of 29 April 2004 implementing Council Regulation (EEC) No 3924/91 on the establishment of a Community seurvey of industrial production
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 1209/2014 of 29 October 2014 amending Regulation (EC) No 451/ 2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing a new statistical classification of products by activity (CPA) and repealing Council Regulation (EEC) No 3696/93
- Regulation (EC) No 1893/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 2006 establishing the statistical classification of economic activities NACE Revision 2 and amending Council Regulation (EEC) No 3037/90 as well as certain EC Regulations on specific statistical domains
Predecessor classification (Old versions)
Previous versions of the classification can be found here.
ITO’17 structure (pdf, 4 340 KB)