Technical recommendations, downloading support
To use the website you are recommended one of the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or later (when using older versions certain pages may be displayed inappropriately);
- Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or later;
- Google Chrome;
- Opera 9.0 or later;
- Apple Safari 3.1 or later.
There are downloadable files on our website which browsers cannot open (directly). If you do not have the software needed to view these then you are recommended the following – freely downloadable – software to open the different files:
- PDF documents: Adobe Reader;
- Word documents: Word Viewer;
- Excel tables: Excel Viewer;
- PowerPoint presentations: PowerPoint Viewer;
- Compressed ZIP files: 7-Zip.
To use the application you are recommended one of the following browsers:
- Firefox 5.0 or later,
- Google Chrome,
- Opera 9.5 or later,
- Safari 4.0 or later,
- Internet Explorer 9 or later (when using older versions certain pages may be displayed inappropriately)
To run the Dissemination database no utility is required apart from a browser. Tables prepared in the dissemination database can be exported in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and Microsoft Excel (.xls) formats.
Interactive charts and thematic maps
To visualize interactive charts and thematic maps a browser software capable of showing so called (Scalable Vector Graphics) format pictures is needed. Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 3.5, Opera 9.0, Safari 3.1 and Google Chrome browsers are directly able to do this, while an extension called Adobe SVG Viewer should be installed for the browser Microsoft Internet Explorer 7–8. Its installation, under Windows NT, 2000 and XP, may only be made by a user with an administrator authorization. Beyond that, authorization is needed to run JavaScipt command files in the browser.